To contact or appoint Stuart Margetson, call CEDR Ireland on 01 871 7575 (NI +353 1871 7575)
- Mediation Experience:
- Commercial contracts
- Life Sciences
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Experience as legal advisor:
- Represented a number of pharmaceutical companies in an on-going product liability claims arising from the use of benzodiazepines, MMR vaccine and blood products.
- Represented a major tobacco company in on-going regulatory and product liability actions.
- Successfully represented a client involved in aquaculture in a substantial damages claim in the Commercial Court, relating to trespass and damage by State authorities to mussel beds in Wexford Harbour. The matter now under appeal.
- Represented a packaging and distribution client in successful competition proceedings for damages against a sugar supplier, for abuse of its dominant position in the market, based upon a decision of the European Commission and the European Court of Justice (ECJ).
- Represented a communications infrastructural client in a substantial damages claim for breach of warranty and misrepresentation arising from the purchase of a company owning substantial infrastructural assets, from a major communications company.
- Representing the owners of a major multi-national clothing and accessories brand in High Court, Commercial Division, proceedings for specific performance of a Share Purchase Agreement and restraining the proposed purchaser from unauthorized use of intellectual property rights
- Successfully defended a telecommunications client in Commercial Court proceedings alleging breach of contract and damages due to the termination of a supply arrangement. The matter now under appeal.
Updated: October 2013