About CEDR Ireland
CEDR Ireland was established in 2011 to give CEDR a formal presence in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, where we have operated successfully for more than 20 years.
From our Dublin office we are able to provide access to leading mediators and arbitrators from Ireland and overseas, and access to our flagship and internationally renowned mediation, negotiation and conflict management programmes.
Below is an outline of some of the work we have been involved in in Ireland in recent years:
- In March 2012 CEDR Ireland presented to the senior litigation group of CEDR Members, Matheson, in Dublin, and also presented a theatre on mediating clinical negligence disputes at The Inns of Court in Belfast attended by 120 people
- In November 2011 CEDR Ireland was recognised as an Irish training provider by the Mediation Institute of Ireland
- In October 2011 CEDR Ireland was launched to business at The British Ambassador's residence by Ambassador Julian King and CEDR Chief Executive, Dr Karl Mackie. The following evening saw the launch to the legal community at Ormond Buildings by Judge Peter Kelly
- CEDR has delivered more than 20 Mediator Skills Training programmes across Ireland, including programmes for the Bar Council of Ireland, leading to 345 delegates being accredited by CEDR. The next programme is in Dublin in November 2013
- CEDR has run eight Mediation Advocacy Skills Training courses in Ireland
- In 2010 CEDR Solve launched The Northern Ireland Mediation Service in the Bar Library in Belfast with support of the Northern Ireland judiciary and the courts service. This followed presentations to the legal and business communities attended by the Lord Chief Justice and the Chairman of the NI Law Society
- In 2011 CEDR became part of the Northern Irish Mediation Council and CEDR Director Gregory Hunt became a Council Member of the Irish Commercial Mediators Association (in 2003 CEDR contributed to the formation of ICMA)
- In 2011 CEDR became a member of Arbitration Ireland
- CEDR Solve has managed more than 30 mediations in Ireland and numerous mediations in the UK involving Irish businesses
- CEDR Directors are regular speakers at events and conferences across Ireland
31-36 Ormond Quay Upper
Tel: +353 87 4148848