About CEDR Ireland
CEDR Ireland was established in 2011 to give CEDR a formal presence in Ireland, where we have operated successfully for more than 20 years. From our Dublin office we provide access to leading mediators and arbitrators from Ireland and overseas, and access to our flagship and internationally renowned mediation, negotiation and conflict management programmes.
Below is an outline of some of our recent activities in the region:
- June 2013 with BDO Northern Ireland and Edwards & Co Solicitors we hosted a mediation seminar for over 40 senior bankers in Belfast. The opening address was delivered by Lord Justice Deeny. A mock mediation was also delivered to the attendees which was led by CEDR Director and mediator Graham Massie.
- May 2013 Eileen Carroll QC delivered a seminar to over 40 attendees in Dublin. The seminar focused on ‘How to Break Through in Challenging Situations’.
- May 2013 we were the sponsor of the ‘Mediation and Dispute Resolution Award’ at the Law Awards which were held in the Four Seasons Hotel, Dublin.
- March 2013 we and ICMA (the Irish Commercial Mediation Association) launched the results from our first ‘Mediation Audit’.
- March 2013 we were the main sponsor for the International Mediation Moot competition which was held at the Law Society of Ireland.
- December 2012 we organised a half day mediation seminar in Cork which was hosted by Ronan Daly Jermyn. The opening address was delivered by The Hon. Mr. Liam McKechnie of the Supreme Court. Speakers included: Edward O'Leary, Patrick Mullins, Karen O'Driscoll, Austin Kenny, Ronan Geary, and Eamon Harrington.
- November 2012 we held our first Construction Adjudication training programme in Dublin.
- October 2012 we sponsored the IBA Mediation Committee Lunch as part of the IBA Conference in Dublin.
- October 2012 we delivered a seminar on ‘The Role for Mediation in Clinical Negligence Disputes.’ The event was hosted by Mason Hayes and Curran. Speakers at the event included: Tony Allen and Patrick Hanratty SC.
- September 2012 we held a networking event for all CEDR trained Irish mediators in with Kingsley Aikins as keynote speaker.
- June 2012 we hosted a one day mediation seminar in Ormond Meeting Rooms. The opening address was delivered by The Hon. Mr. Justice O’Donnell. The keynote speaker was Lord Justice John Gillen. Topics covered at the seminar included: Mediation Bill (William Aylmer), medical negligence and mediation, consumer disputes and mediation, commercial mediation (Austin Kenny).
- June 2012 we hosted an arbitration seminar in Ormond Meeting Rooms. Speakers included: Anthony Hussey, Tony Bingham and Joe Behan.
- May 2012 Gregory Hunt spoke at the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Justice meeting to discuss the proposed Mediation Bill.
- May 2012 we sponsored the ‘Litigation Award’ at the Law Awards which was held in the Shelbourne Hotel.
- March 2012 Gregory Hunt and Nicola White presented to the senior litigation group of CEDR Members, Matheson, in Dublin, and also presented a theatre on mediating clinical negligence disputes at The Inns of Court in Belfast attended by 120 people.
- November 2011 CEDR Ireland was recognised as an Irish training provider by the Mediation Institute of Ireland
- October 2011 CEDR Ireland was launched to business at The British Ambassador's residence by Ambassador Julian King and CEDR Chief Executive and one of the world's leading mediators, Dr Karl Mackie. The following evening saw the launch to the legal community at Ormond Buildings by Judge Peter Kelly
CEDR has delivered more than 20 Mediator Skills Training programmes across Ireland, including programmes for the Bar Council of Ireland, leading to 345 delegates being accredited by CEDR. The next programme is in Dublin in November 2013.
CEDR has run eight Mediation Advocacy Skills Training courses in Ireland.
In 2010 CEDR Solve launched The Northern Ireland Mediation Service in the Bar Library in Belfast with support of the Northern Ireland judiciary and the courts service. This followed presentations to the legal and business communities attended by the Lord Chief Justice and the Chairman of the NI Law Society
In 2011 CEDR became part of the Northern Irish Mediation Council and CEDR Director Gregory Hunt became a Council Member of the Irish Commercial Mediators Association (in 2003 CEDR contributed to the formation of ICMA).
In 2011 CEDR became a member of Arbitration Ireland.
CEDR Solve has managed more than 30 mediations in Ireland and numerous mediations in the UK involving Irish businesses
CEDR Directors are regular speakers at events and conferences across Ireland
31-36 Ormond Quay Upper
Tel: +353 87 4148848